Monday, April 26, 2010

Snow-Go Mission with the Joplin boys

Over the boys' spring break we decided to have them up so we could take them out in the snow.  We went out two full days and about 2 and a half weeks later my hand is still paying for it!

Day 1:  We tried to tow everybody up at once but that was too difficult!  Blake and I had to start hiking up while he took Christian up.  It always ends up I hike up about 2/3 of the way!  HAHA  oh well, exercise won't kill me. :)  We got to a flat section and called that home while Matt took all of us out on the snowmobile.  The boys had a blast, Callie too!




After awhile Matt and Christian found a hill that looked like a good hill for some sledding action.  So we packed all of our lunch stuff and headed up the hill some more. 

The hill was a perfect hill to sled!  We got a good sled track going until Blake crashed and unintentionally made a jump.  I was the next one to go down and of course hit the jump!  I flew about 3 feet in the air and landed about 8 feet from where I launched!  I thought I was going to break something! 

So what do I do next?  I help the boys build a bigger jump! Then proceed to go off of it again!  We got some sweet video of all of us going off and half killing ourselves, but hey we had a great time!









Day 2:  The second day of snow play was out Highway 20 south of Mt. Baker.  We went and found a road that had fresh snow and took it.  We had to take turns going up so, it left Grant and I hiking up a lot of the way. It was a nice day again.  We got to the top and then we were able to hang out have some snow cones and then make a snow cave.  It took a long time to get to the top but we had fun! 

The highlight of my day was driving the snowmobile down towing Christian and Blake, while Matt and Grant skied down.  They cracked me up the whole time!  Swerving, crashing, hitting rocks, and crashing more!

No comments:

Post a Comment